Thursday, September 7, 2017

Progress and New Beginnings

I am a little surprised with myself, but at the same time rather proud.  This is the most consistant I have ever been since I started this blog 8 years ago.  I actually done more posts in the last ten days then I have done most years!  Obviously I am pathetic at keeping a blog, but I am yet to give up.  I am actually beginning to believe I can do this.  It is amazing how different it is when all the pressure is gone.  All that imagined pressure that has been stopping me all these years.  What a waste.  Well,  new beginnings, with a lot less stress!  

Speaking of new beginnings.  I love photographing newborns, especially when I get to pick them up and smell them.  Oh how I love that smell.  It is nearly reason enough to get into newborn photography. :-) Normally I am more of a lifestyle newborn photographer, but sometimes new parents are not so keen on being in front of the camera, and then they usually bring their newborns to my studio instead (Eimi Thoren Fotography, din fotograf i Örkelljunga) (nice plug right?).  So it is a relatively new process for me, posing a newborn.  I have found there is a huge amount of information and courses online, so much so that it can seem overwhelming at times.  But I am so grateful for it.  One of the sites that I owe much of my growth to is Creative Live, their courses are amazing.  I have learned so much from them, and still have so much more to learn, but I can say it is been a major help in this, my photographic journey.  Definitely check them out if you are interested in improving your photography, though they also do courses in many other things as well. Oh, and the live ones are free!  Nice, right? I leave you with a recent newborn image, there is something about this image that is a bit, hmm, I do not know, different, but somehow it intrigues me and draws me to it.  Besides, isn´t she just adorable?


No comments:

Post a Comment