Tuesday, August 29, 2017

End of the summer

So I have not quite come to terms with the fact that it is the end of the summer.  School is in session and Autumn is on her way.  This summer was so strange,  in that I feel like it almost did not happened.  I do try to be mindful and live in the moment, but I swear I blinked the the summer was over.  Where did it go?  I am not sure.  Even as I look back through the pictures I took this summer, it seems like there are not so many of them.  Where did they go?  I do not know.  Do you?  So I browse the ones I have and remember the fleeting memories.  So grateful to have these images to remember by.  I do not know about you, but since having children,  I feel like my mind is going.  My memory not as clear.  I remember feelings better than events or happenings.  Perhaps this is why I became a portrait photographer,  to try and preserve the memories my brain just seems to have a hard time holding onto.  Memories pop in and out, and they are beautiful and luscious,  or sometimes bitter and sweet.  But I will hold onto my images in hopes that my memory does not leave me entirely.  Picking strawberries this summer, yes, that is a memory I would like to hold onto.  Looking at the picture I can almost taste them....yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment